IoT Solution composition stages
IoT Solution planning
- Feasibility study
- Data security planning
- Planning of data collection automation
- Hardware requirements
- IoT solution prototyping
IoT device selection and network setup
- Selection of a suitable IoT device
- Connecting IoT devices to network
- Hardware behavior monitoring
- Hardware prototype spreading across the team
Data processing and computing setup
- Server infrastructure creation
- Set up hardware data analytic tools
- Group IoT devices through an edge device
- Create a data processing environment
- Data Normalization process
- ML integration for pattern search
Development of IoT data visualization apps
- Web/mobile report interfaces creation
- Custom reports and dashboards for different app roles
- Choice of visualization techniques based on product and marketing needs
Development of remote control apps
- Design user journey
- Design mobile or web-based remote-control app
- Remote control app configuration
- App integration with an IoT device
- User App release and Revenue generation start
QA and testing
- Establishing QA process
- Test plan creation
- Autotests for critical points (e.g. Connection, Registration, Payments)
- Continuous manual and regression testing, unit testing
- Code reviews and code documentation
IoT app management and support
- Work with user feedback – identifying usage issues and fixing
- Assessment of DB, server, and network architecture, continuous improvements on app reliability
- Review of changing compliance policies and adjusting to it.
- Adding new features upon market request
Iterative improvements and Scaling
- Defining the most fragile parts of the system and adding there extra capabilities or backups
- Running A/B market tests
- Risk diversifying practices for explosive growth scenario
- Newer hardware versions
Key things to consider while designing the business flow are data collection, storage, and analysis approaches, and focus on the proper industrial design.
Sensor types in IoT apps
IoT app general architecture scheme
How can RedCat build it?
Our Clients testimonials
The app met the expectations of the internal team, increasing customer loyalty and attracting new customers. RedCat establishes a smooth workflow through effective communication. The team is professional, hard-working, and easy to work with. For sure I would strongly recommend them
CTO at BioNexus
The company appreciates the RedCat team’s transparency and predictability level. The team is good at providing explanations for each of the decisions they propose to the company. Our partnership is 100% business-concentrated. Each thought and word is aimed at finding a wise and sagacious solution.
CEO at Excedo Ventures
RedCat’s efforts were met with positive acclaim by internal and external stakeholders. Their work has attracted new customers and met all their clients’ expectations. Helpful and coordinated, customers can expect an efficient team that delivers quality work at a reasonable price point
Founder of Renthopper
Thanks to RedCat’s contributions, the client was able to execute a successful provider transition 500% faster than the average speed. The team showcased their diligence in all engineering projects and adapted seamlessly to the client’s internal project management. They were great to work with.
CEO at Raxel Telematics
Latest Case Studies
A mobile app collecting data from a bunch of sports equipment devices, and transforming this data into valuable personalized recommendations and a virtual portable private gym.
Core tech: React Native, Firebase, AWS, Kotlin, Swift, TypeScript
A mobile app integrated with a custom smart fitness tracker for holistic health management.
Core tech: React Native, MongoDB, Firebase, AWS
A booking app for a smooth experience with emergency ride vehicle providers in Israel. Ambulance car-owning certified healthcare providers can host their available vehicles for disabled patients.
Core tech: React js, React Native, Node.js, Firebase, AWS
Questions You may have
Nope and nope.
Yes, and it seems you know what you plan to do with this data. If we are talking about some ML integration – there are a couple of proven solutions for that. If you plan to export or sell this data – let us know, then it’s another approach. If it’s a measurement for measurement, or you haven’t decided yet – welcome to our business analysis specialist, he will help to create a data structure and business rules in a most sagacious way.
It’s a headache, but possible. And also, it doubles the time for this integration