Sports teams app.
Preconditions and Goals
Key Business need
A simple mobile app where you can track progress, records, schedule, and updates on the Sports teams, let it be school sports teams, amateur teams, or local sports clubs and create all the groups above.
Goals set to RedCat
- Conduct an audit for UI/UX design and fill in the gaps there and in the Software specification as well.
- Deliver the first working prototype within 1.5 months, with a further polishing and stabilizing phase.
- Create and implement interfaces for mobile apps and admin panels on the front-end and back-end.
- Implement a chat moderation system.
Constraints and Challenges
Bureaucracy, Monolith back-end architecture on the Client’s side.
Outcomes and Processes
We chose a delivery-by-milestone approach for this project, with 1-week sprints. The scope of each milestone was pre-agreed before the start, and after Milestone 1, we made our first release. The initial scope was divided into 3 milestones.
- A chat feature on web-sockets with a moderation system and age restriction mechanics.
- The app social mechanics assume different levels of engagement and administration of sports teams.
- Smart notifications system to keep track only of the most valuable events in the app.
- A partial UI/UX redesign was implemented gradually along with the addition of new features.
The work was performed in the client’s repositories and infrastructure, which ensured daily updates. We had demos every week and also some Scrum rituals to work through change requests and client feedback.
Our Clients testimonials
The app met the expectations of the internal team, increasing customer loyalty and attracting new customers. RedCat establishes a smooth workflow through effective communication. The team is professional, hard-working, and easy to work with. For sure I would strongly recommend them
CTO at BioNexus
The company appreciates the RedCat team’s transparency and predictability level. The team is good at providing explanations for each of the decisions they propose to the company. Our partnership is 100% business-concentrated. Each thought and word is aimed at finding a wise and sagacious solution.
CEO at Excedo Ventures
RedCat’s efforts were met with positive acclaim by internal and external stakeholders. Their work has attracted new customers and met all their clients’ expectations. Helpful and coordinated, customers can expect an efficient team that delivers quality work at a reasonable price point
Founder of Renthopper
Thanks to RedCat’s contributions, the client was able to execute a successful provider transition 500% faster than the average speed. The team showcased their diligence in all engineering projects and adapted seamlessly to the client’s internal project management. They were great to work with.
CEO at Raxel Telematics