Health monitoring app.
Preconditions and Goals
Key Idea of the Product
A support mobile app for an ecosystem of a bunch of smartwatches and fitness trackers. The app includes a huge database, collects raw data from devices, and creates a personalized health maintenance programs.
Goals set to RedCat
- Capture a project from a previous Team and boost delivery of the MVP mobile app version 1.0.
- Crysis-management of an enormous technical debt for the front-end backlog with zero documentation provided.
- Connect devices to the mobile app without having prototypes at the place.
Constraints and Challenges
Extremely limited budget, investor pressure, absence of IoT device, poor documentation, prohibition to refactor the code of the previous team.
Outcomes and Processes
For this crisis case we choose to move with a shortened Scrum iteration of 1 week. Online communication was kept at a minimum, teem communicates asynchronously. Each week we had 15 min demo, 30 min retrospective, 1-hour weekly backlog planning.
- We have managed to deliver 30% of the scope for 5% of the budget allocated.
- The part of the code we created was passed to the client with all the necessary documentation.
- Reapproaching standard Scrum rituals allowed adding 5-8% to the effective coding time without overtime.
- Our front-end team had managed to catch up with a Client’s back-end team and synchronize front-end and back-end backlogs.
The work was performed in the Client’s repositories and infrastructure, which ensured daily updates. We had demos each 1 week, and also some of Scrum and Lean rituals to work with the Client’s feedback.
- Built-in hardware wallet which collects internal coins from rewards of the good habits actions taken.
- All-in-one measuring health monitoring app is a part of an ecosystem of physical gadgets, partnership network and offline marketplace offers.
- Integration with a variety of sensors of the device, and mobile phone allows to make a comprehensive conclusion about user’s lifestyle and state.
- Personalized and customizable improvement plans, organizer, statistics and goals.
- Community challenges and social network mechanics.
- HIPAA and GDPR compliant data storage and management.
- Interpretation of the raw data from accelerometer, pulsometer, pulsoxymeter, screentime data, gyroscope.
- Personal history and advice on fitness shape, sleep quality, workout & diet plans, past challenges.
Our Clients testimonials
The app met the expectations of the internal team, increasing customer loyalty and attracting new customers. RedCat establishes a smooth workflow through effective communication. The team is professional, hard-working, and easy to work with. For sure I would strongly recommend them
CTO at BioNexus
The company appreciates the RedCat team’s transparency and predictability level. The team is good at providing explanations for each of the decisions they propose to the company. Our partnership is 100% business-concentrated. Each thought and word is aimed at finding a wise and sagacious solution.
CEO at Excedo Ventures
RedCat’s efforts were met with positive acclaim by internal and external stakeholders. Their work has attracted new customers and met all their clients’ expectations. Helpful and coordinated, customers can expect an efficient team that delivers quality work at a reasonable price point
Founder of Renthopper
Thanks to RedCat’s contributions, the client was able to execute a successful provider transition 500% faster than the average speed. The team showcased their diligence in all engineering projects and adapted seamlessly to the client’s internal project management. They were great to work with.
CEO at Raxel Telematics